As announced by Major Nelson today, the cost to subscribe to Xbox Live is going up. This change in price only affects the US, UK, Canada, and Mexico. Why are they raising it? No comment so far; however, it could do with the launch of XBL in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Poland, and South Africa this year. Perhaps it has to do with the ESPN update coming in two months. Or maybe, just maybe, they just like money.
Starting November 1, 2010 XBL Gold will cost:
- 1 month changes from$7.99 to $9.99
- 3 months changes from $19.99 to $24.99
- 12 months changes from $49.99 to $59.99
- 1 month changes from 4.99GBP to 5.99GBP
- 1 month changes from $8.99 CAD to $9.99 CAD
- 12 months changes from 499 pesos, to 599 pesos.
Personally I am relieved that I have 3 years of Live for free, so this does not affect me. For those that it does affect, what are your thoughts on the price change with XBL gold?