- Minecraft has reached yet another sales milestone on XBLA. As announced on 4J Studio’s Twitter, a whopping 4 million units have been sold to date.
- If you’re a fan of Mark of the Ninja, you’ll be pleased to know you can now decorate your computer with this collection of desktop wallpapers. If you haven’t played Mark of the Ninja yet you really should, it’s awesome.
- The presidential race is heating up, and Xbox Live Rewards wants to reward you for keeping up with the election. Watch three out of four live debates scheduled for this month on Xbox Live, and the rewards program will give you a free Halo 4 avatar armor. The Verge has the list of the scheduled events here.
- The HD remake of Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee will be coming to XBLA next year, but the same still can’t be said for other games in the series. Developer Just Add Water is still hard at work bringing Stranger’s Wrath to XBLA, but to no avail. The game’s size is no longer a factor, which they have gotten as low as 1.8 GB, but Microsoft still won’t give in until JAW gets a publisher for their game. From CEO Stewart Gilray:
“We’re still hitting with hammers. I’m not going to give up. There is a point where we’ll have to give up because we want to do other stuff, but while we’re working on Stranger, we’re still talking with them to see if we can get it on there.”
- XBLA may be getting its first Star Wars game. Earlier today xbox.com leaked the box art for Star Wars: First Assault, seen below. No other information about the game is known. While we don’t know what it will be, we know what we want it to be.