Users spend 1 Billion hours on Xbox Live every month
That’s according to some statistics that Xbox Live’s Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) shared over on his blog. Those aren’t exclusively hours spent playing games however, those are “entertainment hours” which includes any time spent watching movies, listening to music or streaming tv shows. You can bet a significant amount of it includes Xbox Live Arcade games though.
Click below for some more interesting Xbox Live facts.
- There are 45 million consoles sold in 35 countries.
- In the last year alone there has been an 157 percent increase in the time spent watching movies and television on Xbox.
- 42 percent of Xbox LIVE Gold members in the US are watching an average of an hour of television and movies on their Xbox, every single day or more than 30 hours of digitally distributed television and movies a month.
- The 25 million members of Xbox LIVE around the world are each spending more than 30 hours per month on the service – that means cumulatively Xbox LIVE members are now logging more than one billion hours a month on the service.
- Access to Xbox LIVE is expanding from 26 countries to 35 this November.
Via Major Nelson