Later tonight at 8pm ET, Microsoft will release a system update for the Xbox One. This is the first required update post launch of the Xbox One.
According to Major Nelson’s blog, the update will addresses the following:
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
If you’re using the Xbox One’s “Instant On” feature, the update will happen automatically for you after you power down. However, this update will power the system completely down. Therefore the next time you try to play your Xbox One, you will have to manually power on your Xbox One.
If you do not use the Xbox One “Instant On” feature, you will be required to download the update after Thursday, December 12th at 2:00 AM PT.
For more information on this update, please visit Major Nelson’s blog.
Source: Major Nelson