It’s Sunday everyone, and you know what that means, it’s roundup time. In this weekly article, we put together everything worth mentioning that we didn’t get posted. We also link to everything we did on the web, whether on this site or one of the other places you can find us like YouTube or Twitch.
Here’s some of the things we didn’t post
In Hunt: Showdown you take the role of a monster killing bounty hunter, finding and following clues leading you to the “at large” monster. The twist here is, you’re not alone, there are others hunting the same monster and if you beat them to the kill and get the bounty, then they will be hunting you. Placed in a western FPS setting, this hunter becoming the hunted is hitting Xbox later this year via the Game Preview program.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
While fans eagerly await this sequel, developer Moon Studios revealed a new trailer during Gamescom giving us a closer look at the upcoming Spirit Trials.
Developer Housemarque has announced that they are throwing their hat into the battle royale ring with Stormdivers. In order to stand out in this seemingly flooded market will be “stunning visual effects, gameplay” and an island that is alive and dangerous all in of itself. They are also offering different “classes” to play as that they will add and expand on in the future. There are also plans to expand the world with new areas, as well as adding PvE and co-op missions. If you’re interested in what may be the next big battle royale or just like to get your hands on everything before everyone else, you can sign up for the beta at www.stormdivers.com.
Here’s all the things we did post:
- Dead Cells review: Good genes
- Fall of Light review: Shrouded by darkness
- We Happy Few review: Joy or downer?
- Fortnite Season Five: Week seven challenges guide
- Friday new releases: August 24, 2018
- Fortnite:Battle Royale patch V5.30 highlights
- PUBG’s stint on Xbox Game Preview draws to a close as version 1.0 gets dated
- Weekly Deals: Xbox One Sales and Deals with Gold
- No Man’s Sky next patch V1.57 released, includes bug fixes aplenty
- Amazon’s The Grand Tour gets episodic video game adaption
- $2 Game Pass, now with new mobile app and (soon) Halo: Master Chief Collection
- Limited edition PUBG controller announced at Gamescom, plus expanded Design Lab options
- Tuesday new releases: August 21st, 2018
- New ID@Xbox Titles with Cain (Aug 24, 2018)
- New Patch! Xbox One with Cain (Aug 23, 2018)
- There be sharks in them waters! SoT w/ Cain (Aug 22, 2018)
- Brawlout on Xbox One (Online Matches with Cain, Wolf and Blizzy) (Aug 21, 2018)
- Fernz Gate with Zero (Aug 20, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Hero Defense Haunted Island (Aug 26, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Airport Simulator 2019 (Aug 26, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Strange Brigade (Aug 25, 2018)
- Tips and Tricks: Fortnite editing guide (Aug 23, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Fernz Gate (Aug 23, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Coffee Crisis (Aug 23, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Flipping Death (aug 22, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Megaton Rainfall (Aug 22, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (Aug 21, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Brawlout (Aug 21, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Drunk-Fu Wasted Masters (Aug 20, 2018)
- Quick Taste: Polygod (Aug 20, 2018)