Xbox Live Arcade made Microsoft $122 million in revenue last year, accord to analysts at Forecasting & Analyzing Digital Entertainment (FADE). That’s a rise of 16% over how much they made in 2009, a combination of more consoles in the wild and more gamers beginning to try out digital distribution.
The biggest seller in terms of units was Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, a game notable for it’s lower than usual price point. Being 560 points when most new releases are 800 or 1200 points. Case Zero was also interesting in that it was an experimental prologue for a full retail game. The fact it was such a great success could mean we see similar games on XBLA in the future.
If you’re interested in the other top selling games on XBLA last year you can see them after the jump.
Source: GameSpyThe top selling titles on Xbox Live in 2010 by units sold:
1. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Blue Castle Games/Capcom) – 689,000
2. Trials HD (RedLynx, LTD) – 553,000
3. Limbo (Playdead) – 527,000
4. Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) – 415,000
5. Toy Soldiers (Signal Studios) – 383,000
6. Family Game Night [Various Titles (Hasbro)] – 294,000
7. Monday Night Combat (Uber Entertainment) – 293,000
8. Perfect Dark (Rare) – 279,000
9. Battlefield 1943 (EA Dice) – 268,000
10. Deadliest Warrior: The Game (Pipeworks Software) – 210,000