[UPDATE]: Beta is now live for download, however, the servers will not go up until 2 PM EST (11 AM PST).
With the much-anticipated Hybrid beta finally on its way, we’ve been searching for some additional info on the beta itself. After following up with 5th Cell, they’ve kindly informed us on what’ll be in the beta. Here’s the breakdown:
- There will be 3 maps and 3 modes in the beta. In the finished version there are 10 maps and 7 modes.
- The level cap is 50, but surpassing level 25 is “highly unlikely” within the beta.
- There are a lot of weapons to unlock, but it’s possible to see them all if you play enough.
- The territory metagame pitting Paladin versus Variant will be live in the game. Players will be forced to pick a faction and will not be able to change in beta. Players of opposite factions cannot be played with on the same team, even if they’re on your friends list. In the full version there are ways to change your faction, so we’re told.
- Nothing will be added to the beta after it goes live. It will be two and a half weeks long.
- Players are heavily encouraged to report bugs and impressions to the Hybrid forums.
- Also, the beta is US only unfortunately. By changing your account’s region to USA you should be able to circumvent this, however.
So there you have it guys, everything you need to know about the Hybrid beta. Looks like there’s a good portion of the game being shown off here with plenty of time to dive into it. Two and a half weeks puts the end of it squarely in the middle of May, around the 16th. Check out the beta trailer if you’re not sure if you’re interested or know what it is, but suffice to say it’s no typical third person shooter. Last but not least, we have 30 codes to give away tomorrow! We’ll let you know how when the time comes.
For those of you who want to play with or against us here at XBLA Fans, we’ll be a part of the Variant faction.
As a reminder, we want to reiterate that you CANNOT CHANGE YOUR FACTION once you pick one in the beta. You also CANNOT ALLY WITH FRIENDS/MEMBERS OF THE OTHER FACTION, so if you want to play with your friends make sure they’re the same faction as you. There are unfortunately no private matches in the beta, so take heed of this now.